Auditions for: Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Produced by Prescott Park Arts Festival
Music by ALAN MENKEN
Lyrics by HOWARD ASHMAN & TIM RICE
Book by LINDA WOOLVERTON
Originally Directed by Rob Roth
Originally Produced by Disney Theatrical Productions
Directed by: David Kaye | Musical Direction by: Brendan Battey
All auditions are by appointment only.
All roles are available.
Beauty and the Beast runs from June 21st- August 18th, Thursdays and Sundays at 7pm and Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm. Matinees will be scheduled on some weekends at 1pm. Rehearsals will take place evenings and weekends beginning the week of May 18th at the Paul Creative Arts Center on the UNH campus.
Where: Paul Creative Arts Center on the UNH Campus; 30 Academic Way, Durham NH 03824
Auditions for the role of CHIP (a boy who appears to be anywhere between 7 and 10 years old) will be via video submission only.
Invited callbacks will take place between 9am-5pm on Sunday, March 3rd. Those called back will receive the information via email following auditions.
General Auditions (Adults & students in Grade 7+)
Saturday, March 2nd 9:00am-6:00pm
Bring: Come prepared with three copies of your headshot. These will not be returned. An accompanist will be provided for you so please bring your music in a hard-backed binder clearly marked. No music from vocal only librettos, lead sheets, or “easy piano” books will be accepted. The pianist will not be expected to transpose. Invited dance calls will be throughout the day so come prepared with a change of dance appropriate clothing and shoes.
Prepare: 32 bars of an up-tempo piece, 16 bars of a ballad, and one minute comedic monologue. No cuts from the show.
Auditions For Chip (Children who will be 8 years old by May 1st and also children who are older/who would read to an audience 7 to 10 years old)
PLEASE NOTE: We will most likely cast a boy in this role, but girls should also submit audition videos.
Deadline for youth submissions is February 25th. All youth auditions are via video submission only. There are no first round, in-person youth auditions in an effort to have more time to see each child’s work.
Please submit your child’s audition electronically here including:
- Their video audition with introduction and song (please see details below)
- Headshot and resume
- Completed audition form
There are two items you need to record for this audition. Please follow these instructions:
- Record these two items together or edit them together so you only submit ONE video(cell phone or tablet video is perfectly fine).
- The video will need to be uploaded to a video share site(YouTube or Vimeo) and to the electronic submission form referenced above.
- Please state your name and age at the beginning of the recording.
- Please frame the child auditioning from the waist up.
Here is what you need to record:
- Please have you child introduce themselves(stating name and age) and then take about 20-30 seconds to have them tell us a bit about themselves. Subjects like what they love to do, the foods they love AND can’t stand, how well they get along with their sibling, etc. We just want to get a sense of their personality. Have fun giving us an idea about who you are!
- Memorize and record this one verse of ‘Be Our Guest’ Bar 94 through 127 of Be Our Guest(page 137 of the libretto). Click here to view/download verse.
If you are using YouTube and wish to leave the video unlisted:
Set Videos to “Unlisted”
If you don’t want the video seen by the public, then you’ll want to set your videos to “unlisted.” What this means is that anyone with the direct web address can watch the video, but without this address, the videos are impossible to find. They don’t show up on your YouTube channel, in search results, or anywhere else on the site.
If you want to set your videos to unlisted, follow these easy steps:
- Visit your Video Manager
- Find the video you’d like to set to private and click the Edit button
- In the “Privacy Settings” drop-down menu, select Unlisted
- Click Save Changes
Email Sara Martin, Production Manager, email@example.com with any questions.